Saturday, November 1, 2008

HALLOWEEN!!!



I guess when you get older, and don't have kids yet, Halloween is just not that exciting anymore. I mean, I enjoy all the decorations, and I even like dressing up if other people are going to (and thank goodness me and the people at my work are into making fools of ourselves). But as I was driving home from work and saw some kids already starting to head out Trick-or-Treating, I got thinking how fun it will be to have my own kids to take out. I like handing out candy, but we don't get many people by our houses. Especially now that everyone "Trunk-or-Treats" now. Which is convenient for them.
Anyway...I'm glad that at my work we try to make it fun for the residents to matter what, so that's cool. So I wanted to share some of the pictures from my work for Halloween, etc.
Me and Rob's pumpkins:

Debbie, her flying monkey, Becca, and me (I didn't have the time or money or energy for a costume, so I recycled my straight jacket from 2 years ago):

Mitch (our Occupational Therapist), Mikey (one of my FAVORITE residents) the "paperboy", and me:

Donut eating contest:

Pinata:

Dale, the Pirate, he's a crack up!

The business office assistant, Amanda, as Cruella De Vil, and her son, Hunter, a dalmation. Her miniature pincher was a dalmation too. And Marge, the hippy:

Jalee brought the kids to visit me:



My mom borrowed stuff from my costume last year:

Madison was Hermine:

Brycen was Darth Vader:

Josh and Jalee were just plain sexy:

And Michelle (Rob's sister) and Russ brought the girls over. Kalie is 13, so she's "Too old" to dress up anymore, but Brittany and Stephanie were a princess and a pirate:

Now.....gearing up for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Halloween is, by far, the greatest holiday of all time. I'm just sorry that it had to end...

There's always next year!

♥Concerned♥ said...

In addition to being just plain sexy, I was Asajj Ventress from the extended Star Wars universe. I was a dark Jedi. Wooooooooo! Scary, huh?

And isn't is Hermione?

Megan said...

Sounds like you still had fun. Ross loves being able to take Anna out to trick-or-treat and better yet, she is still too young to eat most of the candy so he gets to. Best of both worlds! It is a sad thing that hardly any kids go out door to door anymore though. Much more fun than trunk or treats. I like the straight jacket - at least you attempted a costume!

Danielle said...

Jalee....I knew you said what you were, but there was no way I was going to remember it. And I looked up the spelling, and saw it both ways, but you're probably right. oh well

Unknown said...

O.K. on to Thanksgiving where you get to pick, you want to cook the turkey or the ham????