Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A few things lately:


First off...What an amazing time in history, that I thought I'd never see. The first black President of the United States! No matter who you or I voted for, you have to be able to recognize how amazing that is!

This is the first time ever, but I finally exercised my freedom to vote. I've been old enough for the two elections before this, but I never felt as strong about it as I do this time around. I guess just being in the middle of such hard economic times, etc, can make you think more about it.
Second: Since Rob lost his job in January, he's been working "temporarily" (which has turned into longer since no one is hiring) for his brother in law...but this last week we found out that his brother-in-law's company has to shut down. So as of next week, Rob's on the job hunt again. Basically the only jobs open anymore is nursing, so I hope some miracle happens and he can find something good! Until then, I don't know what we're going to do.
And Last but NOT least: Happy Birthday Grandpa Jerry!!!

Him and Grandma Jerri have been such a big help to me all my life! They've instilled so many core values in me, and I will be eternally grateful for everything they've ever done for me. My grandpa is a retired California Highway Patrolman and has been working on a book of his experiences. He's been working on it a long time, and I hope I get to see it completed. Grandpa Jerry, I love you more than you'll ever know!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh man that is the pits. I hope Rob find something too and quicly. Maybe he will find something even better than what he has before and it was all a blessing in disguise. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

I love those two pictures! I remember your blessing because it was in Danny Tanners ward.